“Not your average, middle of the road, pavement marking company”
Since 1950, Stripe-A-Zone has been committed to providing the very best in striping services including parking lot striping, airport markings, highway & city striping, thermoplastic striping, and warehouse striping. We also offer a wide range of maintenance and supplies for your parking lot, warehouse, airport, or city. Through our current expansions, innovative ideas, and professional staff Stripe-A-Zone continues to set the industry standards in parking lot striping and other pavement needs.
Our goal today is the same goal that the Lindsay family started with 58 years ago: quality workmanship with the latest technology at an affordable price for 100% customer satisfaction!
In August of 1950, R.E. Lindsay started a small parking lot cleaning company named “Portapark.” Then in 1952, he expanded into a turnkey parking lot maintenance company and renamed it Stripe-A-Zone. He set the industry standards for quality after refining his first, hand-operated striping machine to be more efficient and productive. Lindsay’s keen observation of the marketplace uncovered the need for wheel stops, and for several years, he held the patent on this product.
As Stripe-A-Zone continued to prosper, the original parking lot division was expanded to include road and airfield striping.
- In 1974, Stripe-A-Zone merged with Bryce Anderson, of Anderson Striping of Dallas, and became the largest striping company in the U.S.
- In 1980, Lindsay retired and sold his holdings to Bill Thenister and the Anderson family.
- Years later, Thenister retired and the Anderson family became the sole proprietor of Stripe-A-Zone. The business continued to grow and prosper for the Anderson’s.
- In 1988, the Anderson family sold the company to TSI, the industry leader in thermoplastic and raised pavement markings at that time.
- TSI expanded its new parking lot striping division to include offices in Austin and Houston. A name change to Striping Technologies, Inc./Stripe-A-Zone created one of the largest turnkey pavement marking companies in the United States.
- In 1997, a local businessman named David Sargent purchased Stripe-A-Zone and its corporate office from STI.
- In 2020, The Sterling Group, a Houston-based middle market private equity firm, announced the establishment of Frontline Road Safety (“Frontline”), a new platform formed to build a national leader in the US road safety industry. Over the last several years, Sterling has developed an investment thesis in the road safety and infrastructure maintenance industry. Sterling’s study of the industry resulted in a strong relationship with Stripe-A-Zone management and the Sargent family. Sterling and the Sargent family have formalized a partnership based on a vision to bring together leading companies from distinct geographies and share best practices.
Since then, Stripe-A-Zone remains the industry leader, and the Sargent family has continued the same high-quality service and excellent customer satisfaction that Stripe-A-Zone has been known for since 1950. Our main headquarters are in Grand Prairie, Texas, and we have another location in East Texas. As the leaders in parking lot striping and road striping, we serve the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex area as well as the entire state of Texas, Oklahoma, and the City of New Orleans in Louisiana. Our large fleet of service trucks and our professional staff allow us to perform emergency jobs in a timely manner with a shared sense of urgency.